First night in Milan and radio Interview


Spent the night in Tommaso’s studio in Milan.
Again Aly and I are left with a flat to our own.  This is now the 4th time someone has trusted us with their home.  Pretty generous eh?

Tommi had told me that Italy in August is dead because everyone disappears for vacation.  I didn’t fully comprehend what he was saying until we arrived in Milan.  Barely any people and so many stores and restaurants closed.

Today Aly and I had our radio interview and live performance on Radiopopolare ( with Davide Santi.  Last night in the car we decided on which song from the album to play on air, Progression.  However that was the one we had rehearsed with Davide.  So, from 10 to 11am I taught Davide Soldier and we made it something brilliant.  Sometimes the end result of working under pressure is better than ever.

Sanja Lucic, the radio host was so so so very sweet.

Played a concert in a blacksmith’s studio.  Were given bracelets and flowers from Luna and her friends (sweet young girls), and given home made Grappa from Pier, a lovely neighbour.


We have left Italy now.  We are now in Stuttgart with Reiner, the amazing promoter of Silent Friday and Cafe Galao.  Another spectacular evening with him.  Everything he touches is gold.

Sad to have left Italy and the new friends we have made.  Davide, the violinist and Tommi the promoter and his entire family and their group of friends made me feel so at home.  So 10 days spent in cars singing 4 part harmonies is over.  Can’t wait to come back in April.

Francesco, Tommi’s little brother, so sweet learned the lyrics to “Soldier” and sang along in the audience at every show.  Tommi joined our trio with his lovely voice and was always ready with a very sultry introduction.

Love those boys!!!

Funny thing, I have never craved physical contact so much in my life.  Those of you who know me, know I am the biggest cuddle bum in the world.  I can’t get enough affection.  Each time someone would place a hand on my shoulder or greet me with a kiss, my skin would tingle.  Of course, I coerced Francesco, to be my masseuse…hehe

Can’t wait to get back to Felix for my insatiable dose of cuddles.

Our last night we played Luca’s birthday party, got back to the house on the lake at about 4 and were up to catch our ride to Stuttgart at 9am.  The ride should have taken bout 5 hours but instead lasted a total of 10 hours.  Fun stuff!!

In the back seat in between 2 other people, stuffed under 2 guitars, I was glad my phobia was not small spaces but instead small things in groups (yes I know funny – I’ll tell you about it one day –  Just never put me near an ant hill).  Anyway, I have never felt so suffocated and hot.  Sitting on the highway between the mountains, trapped in the car, I fought for air, we all did.

But we made it at 9pm for the show at 9:30pm.  A wonderful end to 10 hours of travel.

Home in 4 days!!! Yippy!

A little late but here is some documentation of our travels in Paris!  Love to Ecki, Amanda, Uli and Ayshe!