I have been home for three weeks, just recovered from North By Northeast Music Festival in Toronto, a weekend of fabulous chaos where I played both a solo showcase as well as with Sacred Balance a Toronto/Montreal band I’ve been fronting for the past year. If you are here in Toronto I hope you too put sleeping off until this week.
I have lots to look forward to over the next couple of months…
1) Most pertinent is “The Sweetness” album release at The Rivoli. If you’ve been following my progress and adventures you’d know all about this coming-together. Aly and Douglas will be making their trip up to Canada from Austin Texas for the very first time so I want this celebration to be super special.
If you still want to know what we are all about, mark Saturday July 16th in your calendar with a big star!
To make this show even better we have themed it cabaret style. If you come in costume cover is $8 instead of $10.
Who else will be playing?
You must know Sacred Balance? Well we will be doing an acoustic set, still danceable. This will warm up to the evening’s party finally, Tropicallia, a Brazilian band to conclude the night in uninhibited fun!
2) In 10 days I head to Lexington Kentucky for some album pre production with producer Duane Lundy. Again, I am raising funds for this album so if you want to contribute visit this website about the album: www.chloecharlesalbum.wordpress.com. And a big thank you to those of you who have already generously contributed. AMAZING!
3) Heading out on tour again from Toronto, Peterborough, Ottawa and Montreal to Boston, New York, New Jersey, Washington……Memphis, Louisville, Chicago…Austin…and eventually back in September. Hopefully, I’ll see you on the road.
5) I have released a lo-fi album entitled “Souvenir”, the first 12 songs I ever wrote. All proceeds from this album go to the upcoming album. You can find the album on iTunes, Amazon. And of course, if you don’t already have it, “Little Green Bud” can be found at the same locations.
6) Fun Fact. Not her biggest fan but ended up getting to go to Lady Gaga’s Much Music Video Awards After Party. Of course she didn’t attend but her dancers and band did, all of whom were incredible. Things turned into a jam and I ended up singing with her band but don’t worry, I didn’t become popafied.
Hope to see you in a top hat at The Sweetness release. To RSVP go to the Facebook event. If you support what I do, please share the invite to your friends and spread the word. Every little bit helps a whole lot!
Lots of love and shenanigans